Sometimes you just don’t feel like making a big dinner on Thanksgiving and would rather go out to a restaurant. There are few better places to indulge this desire than the East End of Long Island. With visions of turkey and stuffing and desserts and more dancing in our heads, we proudly serve up ten restaurants in the Hamptons and on the North Fork that are serving up some delightful dinner specials for Thanksgiving Day.
1. The Sea Grille Restaurant at Gurney’s Inn in Montauk will be open for business on Thanksgiving, offering a 3-course prix fixe for $26. The menu will include traditional Thanksgiving food. Visit www.gurneysinn.com or call 631-668-2660.
2. The extremely popular Living Room Restaurant in East Hampton offers a four-course menu on Thanksgiving Day from 1 to 8 p.m. The cost is $85 for the food offerings only, an additional $45 with wine pairings, and child-sized portions for $40. The menu, with food prepared by Executive Chef James Carpenter, is as follows: FIRST COURSE Choice of *Organic mixed green salad with candied nuts, dried cranberries and maple sherry vinaigrette *Roasted cauliflower soup with chanterelle mushrooms and pistou Paired with Brut, Sparkling Pointe, North Fork 2006 Bouke Rose, North Fork 2008 SECOND COURSE Choice of *Howard Pickerell’s Peconic Pride Oysters on the Half Shell with champagne mignonette *Homemade kabocha squash ravioli with marjoram broth and Vasterbotten cheese *Sautéed seasonal forest mushrooms, toasted brioche and flavored with brandy *Living Room Pate with Swedish mustard, cornichons, pickled onions and brown bread Paired with Domaine Marc Deschamps ‘les Champs de Cri’ Pouilly Fume, Loire, France 2008 Sauvignon Blanc, Sling Shot, Napa, California 2008 THIRD COURSE Choice of *Traditional Heritage Turkey Dinner with all the fixings *Scottish Salmon with lemon caper dill butter *Grilled Angus Hanger Steak with bordelaise sauce *Home made Swedish ham with a pumpkin chutney PAIRED WITH: Chenas, Beaujolais Cru, Domaine Christophe Pacalet, 2007 Pinot Noir, Rex Hill, Willamette Valley, OR 2008 DESSERT Choice of *Classic Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream *Granny Smith apple pie with vanilla ice cream *Cranberry walnut tart with red wine caramel sauce *Chocolate Fika Paus cake with chocolate cardamom sauce *Sticky Toffee Date Cake with elderberry flower frozen yogurt PAIRED WITH: Dessert Wine Trio, a tasting of three styles of dessert wines Sauternes, Chateau de Malle, Bordeaux 2007 Vin Santo del Chianti, Fattoria di Poggio Capponi, Italy, 2003 ‘Alycone’, Tannat, Viendo de los Vientos, Uruguay, NV. They can be reached at 631-324-5006.
3. The Southampton Inn at 91 Hill Street—This Thanksgiving, enjoy a traditional celebration at Southampton Inn, located in the beautiful and historic Village of Southampton. On Thursday, November 22, 2012, Southampton Inn is offering a Thanksgiving Special of $209* for one adult or $249* for two adults, which includes: • Overnight accommodations • Thanksgiving dinner • Additional dinner guests can be added to the package for only $40* per adult and $15* per child under the age of 12. • Add on Wednesday night for $100* per room • A limited number of designated “pet friendly rooms” are available for a fee (pre-reservation required). Forego all the hard work of Thanksgiving preparations and let Southampton Inn take care of you! Southampton Inn’s OSO Restaurant will serve light hors d’oeuvres at 3 p.m., followed by a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at 4 p.m., featuring freshly roasted turkey, ham, pumpkin pie, homemade cranberry sauce and all the fixings of the traditional Thanksgiving meal. Additionally, a vegetarian dinner option will also be available. For further information about the Southampton Inn or for reservations, please call 631-283-6500 or visit www.southamptoninn.com. 91 Hill Street in Southampton, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Hampton Coffee Company—If you want to do an early Thanksgiving meal, Hampton Coffee Company in Water Mill will be open from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. serving their full menu. They also have legendary desserts that can be picked up for later. Call 631-726-COFE or visit www.hamptoncoffee.com.
5. Villa Paul in Hampton Bays is offering a traditional 3-course Thanksgiving meal for $23.95. Children are $14. Call 631-723-2626.
6. Seasons of Southampton will be offering a Thanksgiving buffet for $29.95 person and $15.95 for children under 10. Buffet seating is every hour but hurry! They are filling up fast! Call for reservations at 631-283-3354 or visit www.seasonsofsouthampton.com.
7. The 1770 House in East Hampton will be offering a traditional Thanksgiving menu with a prix fixe of $85 per person and $50 for kids. Call 631-324-1770. Reservations are required. Serving from 2 to 8 p.m.
8. aMano—Located next door to Village Pizza on Main Road in Mattituck, aMano Restaurant is a high quality Osteria and wine bar. They will be open for Thanksgiving at 5 p.m. offering a prix-fixe dinner for $35. Call 631-298-0051.
9. Soundview Restaurant—Located in Greenport, Soundview Restaurant is open for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. The menu includes cream of turkey soup, stuffed mozzarella, fish cakes, shrimp cocktail, baked stuffed clams; house recipe chicken liver pate, field greens, traditional turkey dinner, prime rib, and more. Call 631-477-0666.
10. Scrimshaw—Located in Greenport will be open for Thanksgiving for a traditional dinner from 1 to 7 p.m. Call 631-477-8882.